With a mix of traditional culture, tranquil Zen gardens and modern technological advances, it's no wonder Japan is one of the hottest destinations for 2017. Delicious cuisine and ancient shrines which have stood the test of time are connected by the high-speed train network which intersects the Japanese countryside. Make Japan your next holiday with Insider Journeys on private or small group tours, ON SALE NOW!
Gourmet Golden Route - 14 Days
- Discover the very best culinary experiences that Tokyo has to offer
- Dine on traditional Japanese cuisines in a tatami mat-floored dining room
- Enjoy a traditional tea ceremony and learn the sophisticated philosophy behind serving a bowl of tea in Japanese culture
- Learn to cook crispy tempura, fresh sushi, miso soups and Japanese salads
- Explore Shirakawago's hamlets among the mountains of Hakusan National Park
Highlights of Japan - 14 Days
- Experience the many faces of Japan, from dazzling streets in Tokyo to antique teahouses in Kyoto
- Speed through the countryside on the bullet train
- Stay in a traditional inn near Mt Fuji
- Enjoy an exclusive Maiko performance and dinner
- Discover the thriving Geisha culture in Kyoto
Secrets of Japan - 14 Days
- Discover Japan's contrasts, from its sleek, modern cities to ancient towns and traditional customs
- Wander Tokyo's energetic streets with is vibrant neighbourhoods
- Explore Hakone, famous for its hot springs and natural beauty
- Journey back in time to discover the Old Town of Takayama
- See the thriving Geisha culture in Kanazawa and Kyoto
Japan Discovery - 14 Days
- Delve deeper in the mountains as you traverse the Japanese Alps via a series of trains, cable cars, trolley buses, ropeways, tunnels and hiking routes
- Visit the mischievous snow monkeys soaking in the natural hot spring pools of Yudanaka
- Visit the world-renowned Benesse House on the island of Naoshima
- Explore bustling Tokyo with its traditional neighbourhood and historic street market
Japan Winter Discovery - 14 Days
- Experience Japan's winter delights, whilst discovering her unique culture, fascinating history and contradictions
- Take an icebreaker cruise amongst the creaking floes of the Okhotsk Sea
- Witness the Japanese snow monkeys as they bath in the mountain hot springs
- View the incredible snow sculptures and rare birds in Hokkaido
Japan Highlights - 8 Days
- Immerse yourself in Japanese culture with your choice of touring in Tokyo including a Sumo lunch or a visit to Meiji Jingu shrine
- Enjoy staying in a Ryokan, a traditional Japanese inn set in the wooded forests of Hakone
- Visit the Golden Pavilion (Kinkaku-Ji), a spectacular Buddhist temple in Kyoto, covered with pure gold leaf
- Discover Hakone with a tranquil cruise on Lake Ashi-no to see a lovely glimpses of Mount Fuji through the mist, or take a cable car to admire views of the famous mountain.
Tokyo City Explorer - 4 Days
- Visit Harajuku and mingle with youngsters dressed to the hilt in colourful cult fashions
- Travel to serene Meiji Jingu shrine
- Train to Asakusa and explore Sensoji temple and Nakamise Shopping Street
- Enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant
Kyoto City Explorer - 4 Days
- Discover antiquated buildings, shrines and temples in Japan's cultural capital.
- Explore the Gion district, famous for its tea houses, and catching a glimpse of the geisha.
- Uncover hidden doorways in quiet backstreets whilst exploring on foot.
- Visit the glittering Golden Temple or Kinkaku-ji, one of Japan's most cherished sites.